First of all, may I say that we sure enjoy all of your blogs. The most recent we have enjoyed include: Austin and Lela's account and photo's of Claire's blessing, Stephanie and Scott's, Shellie and Chad's, Melissa and Keven's and now Miranda and Bryce's. It is such a neat way to feel more aware and involved in your lives and families.
Grandma, Diane, Marianne, Jessica and two of Uncle Mark's sisters are having their annual scrapbook "outing" (convention) here in Phoenix this weekend after which we will be packing up to head back to Beaver, about the 27th of April. We have enjoyed the wonderful winter climate here, but we are also anxious to get back to Beaver.
We attend the same Ward here as Jim and Diane and like everywhere, the church and members seem to be the same and make us feel welcome and that we belong. Diane and Jim invite us to Sunday dinner each week and of course that has been nice. We live about 10 minutes from Diane and about 20 minutes from the church.
We have some wonderful neighbors and friends here and enjoy some nice activities here in the park. The manufactured home park we live in, is built around a 9 hole golf course, but with my bad hip and Grandma's back, we haven't been able to enjoy that. We just finished our Spring Variety Show, where the chorus I'm in sang seven numbers. Grandma has weekly Bingo. Grandma is still doing her very nice "handwork" with afghans etc. and I am still enjoying scroll sawing. I just finished a potrait of Grandma from a pattern I made from a photo. I really like it. If I can figure out how to do it, I will attach it to this post.
We miss you all and love and cherish each one of you.
Love, G ma and G pa Murdock

3 comments:
hey grandpa and grandma today I was thinking about you and wondering what one of your favorite memories you had of hanging out with either of your parents just one on one.
p.s. grandpa that wood scrolling is cool. you have some mad skillz!
I was blessed to have many great one on one's with my Dad.
Since, from a very young age, I was able to milk cows, go with him in the "gas truck" and later work with him in the gas and oil business, I had a lot of "one on one" with him. I didn't always appreciate what a blessing it was, but later on became very thankful for them. He taught me many valuable lessons, by things he said and by his example. I wish you grandchildren could have known him. Someday you will.
I can truly say I was blessed with "goodly parents".
I also have great memories of one on one time with my Grandfather Murdock. When I reflect on this, I fear that due to circumstance and where we all lived etc., my grandchildren and I have not had these same opportunities.
Grandma will make her entry later.
P.S.
Thanks Shell, for your comments about the "scrolling". I think this one of Grandma looks better than the picture shows it.
Post a Comment